Attacks are constantly on the rise, so the message of the day is – we should level up the game!’. Let’s do it with Windows Server 2019. Microsoft approach to security is three-fold – Protect, Detect and Respond. Shielded VMs protect virtual machines from compromised or malicious fabric administrators. The VM can be accessed only by assigned workload admins and only when VM state it known, healthy, and attested. Encrypted Networks allow administrators to encrypt network segments, with a flip of a switch to protect the network layer between servers. We will also discuss Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) as a unified platform for preventative protection, post-breach detection, automated investigation, and response.
Microsoft does a lot when it comes to building protections into Windows like Windows Defender. The only thing left for you is start using them!
Shielded VMs enhancements
1. Shielded VMs s concepts
2. Fabric and Workload Administrator
3. Attacks on your virtualization infrastructure
4. Host Guardian Service Enhancements in Windows 2019
5. Backup and restore operations
Linux Shielded VMs
2. Eliminate virtual infrastructure administrator attack vector
3. Deploy your first Linux Shielded VM
4. Linux Shielded VM management
1. Prevent leaking secrets on the network
2. Network controller configuration to support
Target Audience: IT Specialists, Enterprise Architects, Security Specialist, Security Researchers